Samsung Galaxy S8+ that marks a new era of the smartphone design. It has a perfect balance of form, function, art, science, design and technology. It is our pleasure to introduce an innovation that will change the way you see your smartphone and everything on it. The display forms an unbelievable continuous smooth surface. This new phone has the highest screen to body ratio than ever before. You can barely tell where the screen ends. The result is a beautifully curved and perfectly symmetrical object. The infinity display is more vibrant and richer to enable you to stream shows and movies on your smartphone. Order the Galaxy S8+ online at Jumia Kenya and have it delivered straight to your doorstep
The “Infinity Display”
One of the Galaxy S8+’s most interesting features is also one of the most prominent: Samsung’s new “Infinity Display.” That is the fancy name Samsung has given to the curved smartphone that has rounded-off corners. Yes, the shape of the screen is different.
You might notice all the images of the Galaxy S8+ appear to be of the black phone. That’s actually just because the front bezel is black on all models. In the past, Samsung’s phones have been the same color on the front and back. So, if you had a silver phone, it was silver on the front and back. The black front panel on this phone is intended to accentuate the look of the Infinity Display and hide the already slim bezels.
A New and More Durable Battery
The lithium-ion cells in the Galaxy S8 Plus will retain 95% of their capacity after a year of use. That is great, especially considering the batteries are sealed in. If you’re the sort who wants to use a phone for years on end until it dies, you can feel more confident buying a Galaxy S8+.
It’s 2017, and Samsung has finally introduced its own virtual assistant: Bixby. Samsung is positioning it as a virtual assistant that can help you complete your tasks: you can set reminders, search through photo galleries, and cast your phone screen to your Wi-Fi-connected TV, all by pressing a dedicated Bixby button and talking to it. It’s also able to identify physical objects out in the wild.
3.5MM Headphone Jack
The 3.5mm headphone jack is still one of the most welcome features of the Galaxy S8+.
Water and Dust Resistant
Worry less about daily wear and tear of your phone. Galaxy S8+ has an IP68 rating meaning not only protection against dust, it also repels splashes, spills and even dunks. Simply wipe it off and move along.
Running out of memory shouldn’t be a problem anymore. So if 64GB isn’t already enough, you can add an additional 256GB with a microSD card. No clouds, no hard drives.
Type: Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.2 inches (~83.6% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution:1440 x 2960 pixels (~570 ppi pixel density)
- Protection Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- OS: OS, v7.0
- Chipset: Qualcomm MSM8998 Snapdragon 835 – US model
- Exynos 8895 Octa – EMEA
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.35 GHz Kryo & 4×1.9 GHz Kryo) – US model
- Octa-core (4×2.3 GHz & 4×1.7 GHz) – EMEA
- GPU: A dreno 540 – US model
- Mali-G71 MP20 – EMEA
- MicroSD, up to 256 GB (uses SIM 2 slot) – dual-SIM mode
- Internal 64 GB, 4 GB RAM
- Primary: 12 MP, f/1.7, 26mm, phase detection autofocus, OIS, LED flash
- Features: 1/2.5″ sensor size, 1.4 µm pixel size, geo-tagging, simultaneous 4K video and 9MP image recording, touch focus, face/smile detection, Auto HDR, panorama
- Video: [email protected], [email protected], HDR, dual-video rec.
- Secondary: 8 MP, f/1.7, autofocus, [email protected], dual video call, Auto HDR
- Alert types: Vibration; MP3, WAV ringtones
- Loud speaker
- 3.5mm jack
- 32-bit/384kHz audio
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth, v5.0, A2DP, LE, aptX
- GPS, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
- USB v3.1, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- Sensors: Iris scanner, fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer, heart rate, SpO2
- Messaging SMS (threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Mail, IM
- Browser: HTML5
- Samsung DeX (desktop experience support)
- Fast battery charging
- Qi/PMA wireless charging (market dependent)
- ANT+ support
- S-Voice natural language commands and dictation
- MP4/DivX/XviD/H.265 player
- MP3/WAV/eAAC+/FLAC player
- Photo/video editor
- Document editor
- Non-removable Li-Ion 3500 mAh battery